Full Stack Developer
Who we are
AgilityForex is a fintech company headquartered in Vancouver offering online foreign exchange and international payment services to individuals and small/medium sized businesses. We’re passionate about helping our clients save money and our proprietary technology allows us to bypass the banks and offer effective P2P settlement. Our guiding principle is that by investing in technology we can deliver significantly better rates and better service.
We are a fast-paced team and pride ourselves on having a fun and collaborative environment.
Everyone on our team is excited to come in to work every day and it shows in the quality of our service. We are committed to conducting business with the highest values of honesty, integrity and efficiency – as reflected in the reviews and positive feedback we get from our customers.
Who you are
You love working on exciting projects and thrive on making an impact. You enjoy the thrill of working on technically challenging problems as well as the satisfaction of seeing the results of your hard-work being used every day.
You’re an experienced software developer with design and development experience and you’re passionate about attention to quality, testability, and performance.
You should have some or all the following:
- Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 3+ years experience in a Windows web based, Consumer or Enterprise-level commercial environment
- C#, ASP.NET, SQL Server and web-based application development.
- MVC Pattern, Entity Framework, Reactive Extensions, Telerik Reporting, Bootstrap, etc. are desirable
- Knowledge of unit test frameworks and Test Driven Development.
- Experience with Agile processes, source control and collaboration tools eg. Slack, Jira, Trello
- Data analysis and reporting experience eg. Using Tableau
- Excellent time management, and organizational skills
- Strong initiative and ownership – must be able to work with a minimum of supervision
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Work well in a team environment with good written and spoken communication skills
- Willing to ask for help when needed, as well as freely offer help to others
- Proactively identify risks and evaluate design choices to understand technical debt
- Contribute to technical innovation
You must be eligible to work in Canada.
What we can offer
- Competitive salary plus stock options
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Excellent work-life balance
- Open office with vibrant and supportive work environment
- A beautiful downtown Vancouver location close to Skytrain and bus routes
- WeWork office space with lunch-and-learn sessions every week as well as happy hour and free beer.